- DSS, PARTNERSHIP FOR LONG-TERM CARE, STATE OF CT-DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
- (800) 842 1508
Information & Referral
(203) 251 9300
Stamford Office of DSS
(800) 842 4524 TTY/TDD
- (203) 251 9310
- December 5, 2013
- Postal Address:
- 25 Sigourney Street
Hartford, CT 06106-5033
- Physical Address:
- 1642 Bedford Street
Stamford, CT 06905-4731 Google Map
- Open Hours:
- MON-FRI 8:00 - 4:00
By statute, DSS is the state agency responsible for administering a number of programs under federal legislation, including the Food Stamp Act, the Older Americans Act, and the Social Security Act. The department is also designated as a public housing agency for the purpose of administering the Section 8 program under the federal Housing Act.
- HUSKY PROGRAM – Medical program for income eligible families. It is not necessary to be on financial assistance for this program.
- CHILD CARE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (CCAP) – extended to families who do not receive financial assistance from the state, pregnant women in approved substance abuse treatment programs, or families with income below 50 percent of the state median income.
- ELDERLY SERVICES DIVISION – provides Medicare choices for beneficiaries living in CT. There is also a Homecare Program.
- CONNMAP & CONNPACE – medical and pharmaceutical assistance programs for the elderly and disabled
- DIRECTORY OF TOLL-FREE NUMBERS – Click here
- FULL LIST OF PROGRAMS & SERVICES – Click here
Categories: Childcare, Family Services, Financial Help, Food Assistance, Government, Government - State, Health & Social Services, Heat & Utilties Help, Home Care, Housing, Long-Term Care, Medicare & Medicaid, Other - Family Services, Other - Seniors, Senior Housing, Seniors, Youth / Children
Tags: aids, assistance, child care, child support, childcare, connmap, connpace, elderly services, food stamps, greenwich senior services, Health, health care, hiv, husky, insurance, long term care, medicaid, medicare, retirement planning, tfa, welfare