- (203) 622-7900 - Main Number (203) 625-6573 - TTY (203) 622-7910 - Reference Desk (203) 622 7940 or 7942 - Children's Department (203) 622-7965 - Auditorium/Meeting Room Reservations (203) 622-7929 - Elton's Cafe
- April 27, 2016
- Physical Address:
- 101 West Putnam Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830-5387 Google Map
- Open Hours:
- Mon, Wed & Fri, 9 am – 6 pm Tues, Thurs, 9 am – 8 pm Sat, 9 am – 5 pm Sun, 1 pm – 5 pm (school year) Elton's Cafe, MON-FRI, 9 -5
- Barbara Ormerod-Glynn
- Executive Director
Main branch of the Greenwich public library system. Collections include fiction, nonfiction, large print books, downloadable library, general reference, business services, health information, CDs, DVDs, traditional and streaming audio, audio books, foreign language materials, travel resources, local history collection, and lending art. Copy machines are available.Notes:
- LIBRARY CARDS – Connecticut residents have borrowing privileges if they bring their card from another valid, in-state public library and photo ID. Non-resident workers, students with proof of such and photo ID may obtain a card for one year. Out-of-state residents may purchase a card.
- SERVICES include; Children’s Room, Teens, Business (Peterson Wing), Music, Health Information Center, World Languages Center (Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, and MANGO-Interactive ESL), Winokur Language Lab, Local History, Internet and Computer Training, and Services for People with Disabilities (Kurzweil 1000, a scanning/reading software program for the visually impaired).
- LIBRARY TOURS, BOOK VAN, HOMEBOUND BOOKS -delivery service for residents unable to visit the library in person, BOOK DISCUSSION GROUPS, CONCERTS, GREAT BOOKS DISCUSSION PROGRAM, LECTURES, GREENWICH READS TOGETHER, MONTHLY CHESS, MOVIES and MUSIC PROGRAMS.
- CHILDREN’S PROGRAMS & SHOWS
- MUSEUM & STATE PARK PASS
- TECHNOLOGY TRAINING CENTER – hands-on classes. Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Kindle, ipad, iphone, internet search, etc.
- FACILITIES – COLE AUDITORIUM, MEETING ROOMS & STUDY ROOMS
- FRIENDS FRIDAY FILMS
- FLINN GALLERY
- NONPROFIT RESOURCE CENTER – databases include on-line Foundation Directory, on-line CT Grant-makers, Foundation Grants for Individuals, and Foundation Center
- MONEY.NET Terminal – empowers investors and traders with institutional level real-time information and tools – for information and reservations call (203) 625-6560
- TAX FORMS – Hard Copies
- TAX HELP
- CAREER COACH – 2nd WED of month 10:00 – 3:00
- COLLEGE PREPARATION CENTER – SAT, ACT, AP
- ELTON’S CAFE – Used library books and CD’s for sale in Cafe.
- FRIENDS OF THE GREENWICH LIBRARY
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES – ADULT & STUDENT
- GREEENWICH ORAL HISTORY & GENEOLOGY
- HEALTH INFORMATION CENTER – FREE BLOOD PRESSURE SCREENING – Greenwich Hospital Staff – First TUE of the month – contact Sandra Chan Contact Number: 203-625-6549
Tags: art, blood pressure, blood pressure screening, book, book clubs, book groups, cafe, career training, chess, Children, club, cole, computer, computer class, computer help, esl, excel, Film, free, friday films, group, history, internet, lab, language, mango esl, marlboro, money.net, movie, museum pass, nonprofit resource center, oral, oral history, power point, powerpoint, resource, senior, state park, story hour, tech, technology, training center, volunteers, word