- (203) 622-7900 Main Number (203) 625-6573 TTY (203) 622-7910 Reference Desk (203) 622 7940 or 7942 Children's Department (203) 622-7965 Auditorium/Meeting Room Reservations (203) 622-7929 Elton's Cafe
- (203) 625 6555
- March 17, 2015
- Physical Address:
- 101 West Putnam Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830-5387 Google Map
- Open Hours:
- MON - FRI, 9 - 9 SAT, 9 - 5, SUN, 1 - 5 (closes FRI at 5 in JUL & AUG) Elton's Cafe, MON-FRI, 9 -5 SAT, 9 - 3
- Barbara Ormerod-Glynn
Main branch of the Greenwich public library system. Other Branches BYRAM SHUBERT, COS COB AND PERROT MEMORIAL. Collections include fiction, nonfiction, large print books, downloadable library, general reference, business services, health information, CDs, DVDs, traditional and streaming audio, audio books, foreign language materials, travel resources, local history collection, and lending art. Copy machines are available.Programs:
- LIBRARY CARDS – Connecticut residents have borrowing privileges if they bring their card from another valid, in-state public library and photo ID. Non-resident workers, students with proof of such and photo ID may obtain a card for one year. Out-of-state residents may purchase a card.
- SERVICES include; Children’s Room, Teens, Business (Peterson Wing), Music, Health Information Center (listed separately), World Languages Center (Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, and MANGO-Interactive ESL), Winokur Language Lab, Local History, Internet Orientation, and Services for People with Disabilities (Kurzweil 1000, a scanning/reading software program for the visually impaired).
- LIBRARY TOURS, BOOK VAN, HOMEBOUND BOOKS -delivery service for residents unable to visit the library in person, BOOK DISCUSSION GROUPS, CONCERTS, GREAT BOOKS DISCUSSION PROGRAM, LECTURES, GREENWICH READS TOGETHER, FRIENDS OF GREENWICH LIBRARY, MONTHLY CHESS, MOVIES and MUSIC PROGRAMS.
- CHILDREN’S PROGRAMS & SHOWS – Click here
- MUSEUM & STATE PARK PASS – Click here
- TECHNOLOGY TRAINING CENTER – hands-on classes. Call (203) 625 6508 or e-mail email@example.com .
- COLE AUDITORIUM, MEETING ROOMS & STUDY ROOMS – Click here
- FRIENDS FRIDAY FILMS – Click here
- FLINN GALLERY – Click here
- NONPROFIT RESOURCE CENTER – databases include on-line Foundation Directory, on-line CT Grant-makers, Foundation Grants for Individuals, and Foundation Center
- TAX FORMS – Hard Copies
- TAX HELP
- CAREER COACH – 2nd WED of month 10:00 – 3:00
- COLLEGE PREPARATION CENTER – SAT, ACT, AP
- ELTON’S CAFE – Used library books and CD’s for sale in Cafe.
- FRIENDS OF THE GREENWICH LIBRARY – Click here
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES – ADULT & STUDENT – Click here
- GREEENWICH ORAL HISTORY PROJECT – Click here
- HEALTH INFORMATION CENTER – FREE BLOOD PRESSURE SCREENING – Greenwich Hospital Staff – First TUE of the month – contact Sandra Chan Contact Number: 203-625-6549 – Click here
Tags: act, AP, blood pressure, blood pressure screening, book clubs, book groups, cafe, career training, census, chess, Children, chinese, cole, computer, computer class, computer help, esl, french, friday films, german, greenwich senior services, italian, japanese, lab, language, mango esl, movie, movies, museum pass, nonprofit resource center, sat, state park, story hour, training center, visually impaired, volunteers